– Peter is stating that followers of Jesus are a new spiritual race and new spiritual priesthood
– They are apart of a new spiritual kingdom that is not based on race, ethnic identity or geographical boundary
– Peter is telling Christians that they are belong to God as his children. That he is their father and we are his beloved.
We have this incredible good new that God is calling us into relationship. What keeps us from telling everyone about this news? Why do we keep this news quiet if we have truly experienced the love and the relationship with our creator that we were wired with?
When we truly experience a relationship with God we are transformed forever. Its like we come home to be with the one who we were created to be with since the beginning. In God’s family we belong and are:
Around the dinner table:
- What do you think it would be like to live your life in complete solitude?
- Have you ever felt feelings of loneliness?
- You are the most technologically connected generation in history yet it seems like the loneliest and relationally disconnected. Why?
- Do you believe at the core of your being God created you to belong to him?
- What keeps us from introducing our friends to a loving relationship with God? Can you think of anyone you would want to introduce?
Pages: 1 2