theUNDERGROUND Fall Retreat is just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited!! There is something so significant about retreats. They leave a lasting impact in so many ways – from friendships formed while taking the bus up, memories made while exploring nature and playing ridiculous games, to significant life-change that comes out of moments of reflection, teaching, worship and intentional discussion with trusted leaders and friends.
There are a ton of fun elements in store for this fall retreat!
- A ridiculous amount of candy – we know it’s Halloween weekend… my theory is that candy is made @ Muskoka Woods!
- Fall Fair on Saturday afternoon – complete with cotton candy, games, pumpkin decorating, caramel apples & more!
- Masquerade Ball theme dinner on Saturday – a chance to dress up & have fun together over a meal!
- Star Search site competition & dance party!
- Fantastic indoor & outdoor ‘options’ on Saturday too – skate park, climbing wall, giant games, etc!
- So much more – you’ll have to ask your kids when they come home!
Alongside that, we are excited about what we’ll be talking about throughout the weekend. Our theme is “Unmasked”. We recognize that students these days are faced with pressures and expectations around who they are “supposed” to be, how they’re meant to act, dress, etc. In the world we live in, it can be so easy to put on masks, to present who we think others want us to be, instead of really discovering and embracing our identity in Christ. That’s what we’re going to be exploring together over this weekend – the masks we wear, and what it might look like to be vulnerable, to remove the masks and live in the identity God has given us as His children. We’re excited to have Chris Tompkins as our guest speaker on the Saturday evening!
Our hope and prayer is that every student comes away from this retreat having had an incredible time, with fun stories to share, knowing they are loved and having had the opportunity to take a step closer in their relationship with God.
You can register for the retreat @ http://www.themeetinghouse.com/youthretreat and friends are always welcome!!
Please be in touch with your site youth coordinator if you have any questions at all. We can’t wait!!